Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Everything seems fine...but listeners clients donīt receives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Everything seems fine...but listeners clients donīt receives Reply with quote

Hey

I overslept and did post this same message as reply. Sorry. Now posting straight as topic.

Well Im using Sam2 Broadcast as source and Icecast2 as server. Seems looks like everything is doing allright but so far when the listeners try to connect the station into winamp for exemple show up the message "connecting to host" and stops there probable I think Im didnīt configure .xml correctly the icecast is run normaly after all. Am I missing something? But what?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only guess based on the limited information provided. If no connection is made then it's either down to icecast not listening on what you think it is or something is preventing the connection from occurring, A typical reason for the latter is a firewall blocking the port(s) or a NAT/routing issue. A typical reason for the former is using <bind-address> when you shouldn't. A simple test is just using the browser to get the status page

eg http://myhost:8000/status.xsl

If that works then routing and firewall issues are ok

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

Almoust certainty is NAT/router. Theres static ip 192...:port what works just for internal pcs. When goes to external the not in contact ip 201...:port provide by internet across, dont work. Into internal network winamp listen normally the broadcast. When goes across, the pcs pop up the message "connecting to host". The radio shows up normally on yellow pages, i dont know... but in this special case: the same internal pcs when try to connect behind clicking the link onto yellow page dont provide de transmission. Are this make any sense??
Look Im studing subscribe www.no-ip.com trying to solve problem, into shoutcast "sc_serv.ini" have "baseport" what came 8000 as default and "yport" what cames 80 as default, icecast just mention "baseport", how can I modify "yport"? Or its not necessary once the station is showing up normal in the yellow pg?

Prozis
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use several ports, but the default is 8000. Unlike shoutcast, icecast does not impose the fixed baseport and baseport+1 so you can use the same port for source clients and web requests but if you are going to use a shoutcast source client then you will need to use the 2 ports, there is an example xml showing that.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You where significant karlH, thanx for the explanation. Its enough to me becouse I dont want to drown myself into deep programs code wtih the internet bussines company, understand?! What I got from you it whats matters to run this sytem behind a firewall with his undercover. You realy deserve success karlH, with the work yourself are doing. Apreciate and thanks one more time, seems I can count with you for something else need it.

Prozis
rikishipabst

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Same Type of Problem Reply with quote

Hey,

sorry if this is totally off-base....

I am Running WIN Server 2003 Standard, with SAM3 as my engine. I use Icecast as our main media server also hosted on the same machine. I run Shoutcast basically for the extra listing and listeners. I have created m3u files and pls files to link from our webstie www.blueribbonradio.com to our media server (icecast). We use No-IP to create a static IP address.

If you check our site and try the WinAmp link you will notice that the client tries to find the source but then never plays it. Windows Media Player returns the file cannot be found error.

I have checked all of my Router, NAT, Windows Firewall and even Icecast.xml to make sure the port is wide open. They all are. The shoutcast server operates 10 port bases above the icecast and runs fine from the shoutcast website but for some reason Icecast will not allow incoming connections

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WinAmp link works fine for me.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem but I dont know what to do. I also have a NAPT/Router but i have opened gates 8000-8010 for both tcp/udp.

Even if i try to connect with my browser as http://myhost:8000/status.xsl i get error message "The connection was refused at ..."
However internaly (meaning http://192.168.1.2:8000/status.xsl) there is no problem

Is there any solution to this?

PS:I even tried port 80. It can connect then however, i get 404 error
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again another networing issue, if 'myhost' makes the request go to the router then you have to determine if the router bounces the packets back into your network via NAT, the 192.168.x address won't. Internally you are better off using the 192.168.x address.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: