Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update metadata of mp3 stream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
migueletes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Update metadata of mp3 stream Reply with quote

Hi
I'm using libshout to develop a source client that will push a stream of mp3 audio files to an IceCast server. I am decoding the audio files cross-fading from one to the other and reencoding in mp3 to generate the stream.
I need to update the metadata associated with the stream as songs pass (ie, I want the stream to send information about the file currently being played).
The problem is the shout_set_metadata documentation states that "You may use this function on defined but closed connections".
Is there any way to send this new metadata for each song streamed? Maybe embedded in the stream?
Thanks you very much.
Regards,
Miguel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: