Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with stdin module and song titles in client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Problems with stdin module and song titles in client Reply with quote

Hi

I set up my icecast today and it works fine. Because all my music is in mp3 i decided to use the stdin module from ices2. I call ist like this
Code:
sox file.mp3 -t wav -r 44100 -c 2 -w - | ices file.xml

In the file.xml i use the metadatafilename parameter to read the info. This works grat for one song.
After this i created a little script that does the above for every mp3 file in a directory and before it writes the current info to the metafile. But when the first song is finished an the next is played my winamp stops. I have to push the play button again. The connection is lost after each songchange. Is it posible to restart the ices whithout that behavioure of the client ?
After this i changed my script that the recoded mp3 data is piped continously to ices and the metafile is changed when a new mp3 file begins. But now the continouing ices does not recognize the rewritten metafile. The client is playing song after song without interuption but the songtitle does not change. I tried to sighup the ices proces but it does not work. Is the a solution for this?

By

Marcus
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can, but you have to prevent the EOF condition being passed through the pipe. An extension of your one-liner is to make a program (eg a script which loops) that dumps out PCM on its stdout and run that program

a simple demo program could be:- decode_my_files
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cd /place/of/mp3/files
for f in *.mp3; do
  # fill out metadata file based on $f
  sox "$f" -t wav -r 44100 -c 2 -w -
done

then run decode_my_files | ices file.xml

karl
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes this works for the loosing connection problem. The winamp is conitinouing playing after the song-change. But the title and artist displayed in the client ist allways from the first song. But the metafile is rewritten bevor the new song. The ices seems to look for the metafile only on startup.
Code:
#!/bin/bash

path=/mount1/samba_server/mp3/komplette_alben/U2/Boy

for i in `find ${path}/*.mp3 -type f`; do
   mp3info -p "ARTIST=%a\nTITLE=%t\n" "$i" > /tmp/trackinfo.txt
   sox "$i" -t wav -r 44100 -c 2 -w -
done

Marcus
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I found a solution Smile

I have to make a SIGUSR1 to the ices process. Then the streaming goes on and the metafile is reloaded.
Code:
#!/bin/bash

path=/mount1/samba_server/mp3/komplette_alben/U2/Boy

for i in `find ${path}/*.mp3 -type f`; do
   mp3info -p "ARTIST=%a\nTITLE=%t\n" "$i" > /tmp/trackinfo.txt
   kill -SIGUSR1 `pgrep -o ices`
   sox "$i" -t wav -r 44100 -c 2 -w -
done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: