Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mpd > icecast : steams seems to start and stop immediatel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zanton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: mpd > icecast : steams seems to start and stop immediatel Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a NAS (Synology 207+) on which I already have mpd working (usb sound card).
I wanted to create my webradio using the same database, so I decided to use mpd + icecast (2.3.2).

I created a mpd-iceast.conf file which is basically the same file as mpd.conf, but I changed the log, error, pid, state and port informations. I also modified the audio_output part to make it ouput to icecast2, and I run it on another port than the default one.

I however have a problem : mpd seems to connect to icecast, but as soon as I use my mpd client (sonata) to start a song, it ends and the mpd process dies.

Logs contain this :

icecast, error.log:

Quote:
[2009-11-06 08:20:26] INFO connection/_handle_source_request Source logging in at mountpoint "/mpd.ogg"
[2009-11-06 08:20:26] INFO source/get_next_buffer End of Stream /mpd.ogg
[2009-11-06 08:20:26] INFO source/source_main listener count on /mpd.ogg now 0
[2009-11-06 08:20:26] INFO source/source_shutdown Source "/mpd.ogg" exiting

icecast, access.log:

Quote:
127.0.0.1 - - [06/Nov/2009:08:20:26 +0000] "SOURCE /mpd.ogg HTTP/1.0" 200 19 "-" "MPD" 1

mpd-icecast.log

Quote:
avahi: Failed to create client: Daemon not running

There's nothing in mpd-icecast.error.

If I kill icecast and start mpd I get this (sounds good) :

Quote:
output: Failed to open "My Shout Stream" [shout]: problem opening connection to shout server localhost:8000: Couldn't connect

These logs seem to indicate mpd successfully connects to icecast, but if I start a song it connects/disconnects immediately.

I don't understand what's going on and why it doesn't work Sad

Thanks for helping !
jcr
Modérateur français
Modérateur français

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An answer has been given in french section, where you first posted the question.

Sounds the problem lies somewhere in your mpd-icecast config or eventually in your icecast setup.

Post config files (without passwords, so we can help you in a clever way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: