Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

StreamTranscoder v3 won't connect to KH20/21.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iunderwood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: StreamTranscoder v3 won't connect to KH20/21. Reply with quote

Here's an odd one which I have just noticed.

I've been using a shadow master server for my stream running the current IceCast trunk. However, I figured that it would be nice to try out the latest KH branch on it. What I have discovered is that StreamTranscoderv3 by Oddsock can't seem to fully connect to the latest branches. (KH20 & 21), but the trunk is still successful.

I'm not sure what kind of troubleshooting you'd like. I have a couple pass/fail captures on a machine at home that I can post if it would be beneficial.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see which part fails. I'm assuming this is connecting as a native icecast source client. The captures would be helpful so you can send those by email if you can.

karl.
iunderwood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captures sent. It looks fine on the surface, but I'm not familiar enough w/ stream structure to see where the problem lies. Sad
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the Content-Type check is case sensitive in streamtranscoder, so fails to see a valid entry coming in and therefore never sends anything out transcoded. I did change that to all lower case as I did receive a report that shoutcast also assumes a certain case. The correct fix should be in ST to be case insensitive, say using a strncasecmp instead of strstr.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: