Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perl playlist module (ices.pm)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
christocracy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Perl playlist module (ices.pm) Reply with quote

having a wonderful time with icecast / ices. I'm building an iTunes clone using AJAX.

so I've hooked in a very basic perl playlist module and there doesn't seem to be a hook for getting the current playlist file that ices is using.

can I query ices somehow to determine what the playlist filename is?

I'll have several instances of ices running (one per logged-in client) and I start ices with several cmd line switches.

ie:
Code:

$cmd = 'ices -c /home/icecast/ices.conf -m ices_' . session_id() . ' -F /tmp/playlist_' . session_id() . '.txt'

as you can see, the playlist file is based upon php's session_id so I can't just read ices.conf for the playlist filename.

how now, in the universe of perl, can I query ices for that playlist filename?

what'd be ideal, is if ices would send params to the playlist module funtions, eg:

Code:

# in an ideal world, ices_init would recieve params
sub ices_init{
     my ($playlist_filename) = @_;

print "\n playlist filename: $playlist_filename  \n";
     print "ices: perl subsystem Initializing:\n";
}
christocracy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Figured it out Reply with quote

actually my buddy did.

/var/proc/$pid

contains a wealth of process (ie: ices) info, including a copy of the command line that executed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: