Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Get albumart from icecast?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoolahoops

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Get albumart from icecast? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I was wondering how I would get the albumart for the current song from the icecast results?
Would i have to do it manualy in PHP (lookup the track and artist and find albumart from a directory on the server) or can I get the album NAME from Icecast and look that up instead.

thanks
Brutish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone created a hosted program for this called GetMarci.

However, no matter how many times I try to talk him into it, he wont make a build for it to Icecast due to having to build a database to collect paths for /status to integrate with it.

But if your interested in trying to attempt to build one, its doing a cUL scripted array from last.FM, so when the artist pops up, it pulls the data from the site. The result is the artist pictures, and it can very from the cover, and usually ads a cooler effect. A really great idea, because you can recommend smaller/Creative Commons/unsigned artist to last FM, and they can register for free, and when you play there songs, have pictures/album art/metadata pop up from them. Cool concept.

If you want strictly album art, you need to make a script to connect to the DB of Amazon. Also, I believe there is a third party app called WinTicker that works with Icecast. I think that was the name? Its been a while, and I dont have time to look it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: