Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speex over icecast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Speex over icecast Reply with quote

Hi

I have an app where I wish to send speex encoded data from my client, which is using libshout to icecast to be consumed by HTML5 audio.

What do I need to do to properly encapsulate this. I'm assuming an OGG container. Can anyone point me to information on how to do that. There is something about this in the speex docs but it didn't make much sense to me.

Any help appreciated.

-bob-
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speex within ogg is handled by icecast assuming you have speex available when icecast was built, the logs should report what icecast sees. speex without a container is not handled currently. I'm not completely sure on what the status of ogg speex is in libshout, I think it will go through but has no timing which may not be an issue if you are just using libshout as a simple feeder to icecast.

karl.
bobc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you elaborate on "assuming you have speex available when icecast was built" please. I installed from the Ubuntu repository and don't know if that was the case.

There are some functions http://www.speex.org/docs/api/speex-api-reference/group__SpeexHeader.html for creating an OGG header but I can't find any usage examples. It looks like I need to set some of the structure variables explicitly like frame size and frames per packet. It's not clear at all to me how to use this, is it one header or on each packet. Can anyone point me to an example?

Thanks
-bob-
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

during the configure stage the speex library is checked for and if it exists then the speex detection code is enabled, and that code reports error log lines like

seen initial speex header

at level 3. you can also look in the config.h file for lines with SPEEX in them

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: