Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phantom non UTF Metadata

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Phantom non UTF Metadata Reply with quote

I'm running the Icecast 2.2 server. I recently noticed I'm getting;

error : xmlEncodeEntitiesReentrant : char out of range

Researching this error led me here;

http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast/2005-February/008481.html

This is where I found it was caused by non-utf metadata. I found the stream which was sending this information and have gone through the configuration with them, but I cannot see how they are sending the non-utf data.

Their streaming from a CD on a Windows box, with Winamp/Oddcast combo. I've been through the obvious (Well to me) places, YP Settings & Metadata in Oddcast, view file info in Winamp but cannot see anything unusual. We've tried with alternate CDs with the same results so I'm discounted bad metadata from the CD.

In the Icecast admin interface I can update the Metadata manually which 'fixes' the issue for about 1 minute.

Has anyone gone an idea what might be happening here? A place where I can look to check from the client end or anything I can do on the server side?

Regards
David.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Phantom non UTF Metadata Reply with quote

There are only 2 ways metadata can get to the server, either via the admin interface or inside the stream itself. For vorbis the metdata is typically in the stream, for mp3 it could be either although most source clients use the admin interface to do that. Checking the error log or access log as that should help identify which.

I suspect the stream is mp3 as that tends to have this sort of issue, only because the metadata does not state anything for non-ascii chars, so we don't know what character set is being used.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: