Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

songinfo change trigger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murrawhip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: songinfo change trigger Reply with quote

I use listener_add, listener_remove, mount_add, and mount_remove for logging stuff in a database, and figured it'd be swell if I could get something similar for when a song title changes. Does this exist already?
I'd prefer it over polling icecast for updates every couple of seconds with a bunch of different mount points.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, I suppose that is possible, although nothing exists at the moment.

karl.
Murrawhip

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, my clients get their metadata to me in a variety of ways - most are sent to icecast via the http request, due to a limitation in their automation software.
Anywho, I grab this data and log it in a database - which I use for "recently played" lists in a player.

As far as I can tell, the only way to do this for my other clients that have metadata embedded in their stream from Edcast, is to continuously poll the Icecast stats, then upload it to the database if it's changed. Depending on how accurate I want to get the start-times of the song, it can get very chatty.

My skills in C are nothing to aspire to, but I figured I MIGHT be able to add an event on song change, but nah - didn't work out. If you ever get around to this, I'd be immensely grateful - it opens up a lot of possibilities.

Thanks for hearing me out.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the most immediate way is to either tap into the playlist log, either poll/inotify or maybe use a named pipe to trap for updates. or use the curl -X STATS http://admin:pw@host:port/ interface and wait for certain EVENT messages to arrive

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: