Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Web Flash Players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amature DJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Free Web Flash Players Reply with quote

Icecast web radio embedded radio players, I tested these all myself and they work wonderfully with Icecast.

Just download the player of your choice from the website that is provided below and everything else is really self explanatory.

Hope you all enjoy Wink

http://andy.ehandysoft.com/shoutcast-players.html
square_eyes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will try these.

The invisible player with url field will come in handy for my dashboard page:)

At this point though I would not recommend a flash based player. I have done some testing and have had issues with audio breaking up when remote source client (Live DJ) changes to Auto DJ and vice versa. It was still happening even when I double checked both streams and fallback bitrate, frequency, file format and number of channels.

My hosting provider told me to steer clear of flash and sent me this link.

https://secure.centova.com/pages/faqs/display/flash_audio_players_and_centova_88

Do these address this?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link details are correct in as far as it goes, in 2008. Flash is a poor platform for streaming despite the fact that it's for web related work. The native mp3 format is fine for streaming but flash causes the data to be kept around, probably down to caching or seeking which is next to useless for streaming but as they are trying to push their other product down peoples throat then they are using it as a lever. The 2 key things that has always been a problem is memory leaking (the never ending cached copy of the stream, leading to bad idea such as reconnecting) and lack of resync midstream (eg which the source changes without dropping listeners).

This is why the FLV wrapping work was added into the KH build. While it adds a small amount of overhead to the bitrate, flash can suddenly handle the memory side of things. The resync is also fixed in the KH build as framing alignment is done for the wrapping and because of that, the switchover is on a completed frame.

karl.
Murrawhip

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
The resync is also fixed in the KH build as framing alignment is done for the wrapping and because of that, the switchover is on a completed frame.

Does this mean a piece of preroll audio can be a different bitrate than the stream itself?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot rely on that in general, while icecast does not care, the players may be sensitive to those sorts of changes. I'm not actually sure if flash is ok changing bitrates midstream, but in general it's a bad idea as a bitrate change can mean changes in samplerate which is far more significant

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: