Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alias wildcard possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gee2803

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Alias wildcard possible? Reply with quote

Hello karl,

I have several mountpoints in my config and want to achieve that if a user requests a mount that is not listed that this one will get a specific one instead.

Example:

/mount1
/mount2
/mount3

User requests /notconfigured and gets /mount1

I tried using a wildcard in mount like

Code:

<mount>
        <mount-name>/*</mount-name>
        <fallback-mount>/mount1</fallback-mount>
        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
        <public>0</public>
    </mount>

but this breaks all mountpoints. I also tried using a wildcard in alias like

Code:
<alias source="/*" dest="/mount1"/>

but this didn't work either.

Is it possible somehow? Maybe with a 404 htaccess?

Thank you in advance.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildcards in the main release does not work, but I believe a "default" case was added after 2.3.3. There is wildcard mount support is in the KH build, but neither trees have wildcard handling in alias.

In the post 2.3.3 code you would have something like you have defined with a fallback but you would use 'default' as the mount name IIRC. With the KH tree the /* would match the request triggering a fallback to /mount1.

karl.
gee2803

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using your latest 2.3.3-kh10 branch. I tried mountpoint "/*" with fallback on /mount1, but that crashed the whole system. Blank page, all streams broke up.

Do you mean "/default" would work? What about htaccess in webroot? Does the "icecast webserver" work somehow in that way?

I just want to forward everything, that is not configured to a specific mountpoint.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first statement is a very strange, even an icecast crash should not crash the whole system but I suppose if there are driver bugs then it can. Not sure what you mean by a blank page and streams broken up, needs expanding on really.

The default reference was for the post 2.3.3 code not the KH tree, wildcard mount support is in the KH tree. Those mountpoint applies to web root file including /*, ie everything.

karl.
gee2803

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ment the whole system as the icecast server. The server does not do anything else than streaming with icecast. So all listeners disconnected, the config needed to be reset to previous and icecast to restart. So with 6 mountpoints the wildard mountpoint with fallback made all listeners disconnect.

Sorry for writing this in wrong words...
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

listener disconnection is not a crash, a crash is when the icecast application terminates abruptly. Usually though mass listener disconnection is either down to them disconnecting (say codec error) rare, or more likely a queue length issue. Obviously the error log would tell you more on this.

karl.
gee2803

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please tell me which way would be the correct configured one to lead all listeners that use a not configured mountpoint to a configured one?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would of thought the mount that was given previously (using /*) would of sufficed, you may want to add other mount blocks to match requests that you do not want to go to the default like /*.xsl and /*jpg etc (they only need to be define really, nothing in them as such). Obviously the specifics are hard to guess at.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: