Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Realy problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radio-ultra.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Realy problem Reply with quote

I had a master server and the relaying server ... if the master server is stoped ... the relaying server does not take the mount point's again ... please somebody tell me what is this problem becouse it is very anoing thank's ... and another question is somone hwo hase a good connection becouse i have only metro ... thanks whaiting mail on office@radio-ultra.com
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Realy problem Reply with quote

Radio-ultra.com wrote:
I had a master server and the relaying server ... if the master server is stoped ... the relaying server does not take the mount point's again ... please somebody tell me what is this problem becouse it is very anoing thank's ... and another question is somone hwo hase a good connection becouse i have only metro ... thanks whaiting mail on office@radio-ultra.com

The slave should be polling the master server on regular intervals, 2 mins is the default but you can override that with master-update-interval. Obviously if the master is not running at all then the relays won't work on the slave.
Radio-ultra.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i understand but if the master is off for let's say 3 minutes and then work's again the relay server dont take the mountpoint's again i must say the master server stops due network problem no cable something like this .

The interval is changed for 60 seconds. but over 10 minutes still nothing i really don't undestand why the relay server stop's checking for moutpoins this is really the problem thank's !
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio-ultra.com wrote:
Ok i understand but if the master is off for let's say 3 minutes and then work's again the relay server dont take the mountpoint's again i must say the master server stops due network problem no cable something like this .

The interval is changed for 60 seconds. but over 10 minutes still nothing i really don't undestand why the relay server stop's checking for moutpoins this is really the problem thank's !

Without the specific details I cannot comment on much, as always, the error log should show the state of things. You should see something about the slave getting a master list, maybe that is failing, or it may be it is empty, it's just not clear from what you have given so far.

karl.
ktwenty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Same Problem, plus a new one Reply with quote

I too have had the slaves not update from the master. I have 1 master and 9 slaves, occasionally, I take the master down for updates and some of the slaves mount points do not release. Also, on the new version 2.3, I cannot get relaying to work at all. I have upgraded all the slaves to 2.3 as well, and it still won't work. I'm using the same icecast.xml files that were working on 2.2. I backreved the master to 2.2 and it started working again.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Same Problem, plus a new one Reply with quote

ktwenty wrote:
I too have had the slaves not update from the master. I have 1 master and 9 slaves, occasionally, I take the master down for updates and some of the slaves mount points do not release. Also, on the new version 2.3, I cannot get relaying to work at all. I have upgraded all the slaves to 2.3 as well, and it still won't work. I'm using the same icecast.xml files that were working on 2.2. I backreved the master to 2.2 and it started working again.

Without the xml or log to work on I can only guess, in 2.3 the list (as seen by the slaves) is derived from the mount list not the source list (so that fallback handling works), if you don't have mount tags for a stream on the master then it won't appear on the list that slaves get. While that has changed from 2.2, you really should have a mount for 2.2 as well if only to specify the max listeners.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears the problem is in the /admin/streamlist.txt URL that the relays check on the master. On the master server this is showing up empty, even when there are relays definied. My server has 19 relays, none of them hidden. I have also tested whether relaying-on-demand affects this or not and it has no effect.

Has the behaviour for the streamlist.txt changed to not list relay mountpoints? I am currently using Icecast 2.1-kh and that lists the relays in streamlist.txt
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The behaviour has changed from 2.2 and earlier in that <mount> tags for the source client and/or relays need to be defined in the master xml. If those are missing then the streamlist.txt won't see them. You are correct in that setting hidden will also prevent them from showing.

BTW 2.1-kh is quite old now, the latest is 2.3-kh1. Let me know of any specifics if the issue continues

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.1-kh was the only option for relays-on-demand before 2.3.

So you're saying that <relay> definitions aren't exported to streamlist.txt? But that there needs to be a <mount> definition with only a name for each relay?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedster wrote:
2.1-kh was the only option for relays-on-demand before 2.3.

So you're saying that <relay> definitions aren't exported to streamlist.txt? But that there needs to be a <mount> definition with only a name for each relay?

yes, as mentioned before, the streamlist goes through the mount list (not the relay list) to determine what to show. The actual mount definition can be as sparse as you want but you'll need the mount-name. Eventually I suspect something like regular expressions or similar could be used to match a range of mountpoints so that multiple <mount> tags won't be needed, but that needs to be worked on more.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can judge the issue persists in 2.3.1. While I understand that a workaround exists by specifying the individual <mount> tags in the master's configuration file, the way it works is not quite what the documentation suggests.

from http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.3.1/icecast2_config_file.html

Online docs wrote:
Master Relay

The following diagram shows the basics of doing a Master relay. Note that Server 1 is configured with the <master-server>, <master-server-port>, etc settings and Server 2 is the server from which Server 1 will pull all attached mountpoints and relay them. Using a Master Server relay, ALL mountpoints on Server 2 will be relayed. If only specific mountpoints need to be relayed, then you must configure Server 1 as a "Specific Mountpoint Relay". Both Master server relays and Specific Mountpoint relays begin their "relaying" when the Server is started.

If the behaviour has been changed as to relay only those mountpoints that are being configured using a <mount> tag in the master server's config file, it should be pointed out in the docs.

I suggest however the previous behaviour be restored instead. I for one have a master server with mountpoint names that can't always be configured, as the sources are free to choose them "on-the-fly". I still would like to be able to relay all of them.
ktwenty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Relaying Reply with quote

I would tend to agree. I also have streams that connect as whatever they want, and liked the old way of it just relaying the streams as is. Is this something that can be "re-enabled" in the 2.3.1 version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: