Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICY protocol: icecast disconnect client when streaming audio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truenrush

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: ICY protocol: icecast disconnect client when streaming audio Reply with quote

Hello,

I am able to make successful connection to icecast & authenticate, but few seconds after audio streaming was started icecast disconnects (i am able to listen transferred sound at my mount). Could you advice what could be the problem?

I've not found any official specs for ICY format, so i've used information from following links:

Last edited by truenrush on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the source is dropped then it will be for a reason, you just need to see what is reported in the error log. Typical cause is a timeout or the source closing the link.

karl.
truenrush

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your response, i was looking in logs, but unfortunately there was not any useful information - it was just said that connection was closed.

The problem was in my streaming method. I was sending too many information, when it was necessary to throttle it. (I was just reading file & sending it).

After i've re-encoded mp3 to 128 kbps and throttled my stream to 128kbps - it started to work normally (except little buffering).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: