Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast as Windows service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rokas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Icecast as Windows service Reply with quote

Hi,

in previous release (2.3) where was a setup wizard in which I can check that Icecast should run as Windows service.

Currently, in Icecast 2.4.1 there is a bat file which runs Icecast.exe through cmd. How can I make it to run as I service?

Thanks for your answers.
Rokas
JohnnyOh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there was the possibility in Windows to use sc.exe:

sc create <Your_new_service_name> binpath= "<your_path_to_the_executable>"

Pleas ebe aware of the space behind binpath= and the service name must be in double quotes

shoutcast 1.9.5 (debian)
Rokas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking me on the right way.. I failed to set it up with cs, but nssm worked just fine Smile
baudaisd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Icecast Server Reply with quote

I really like the windows interface and setup program that version 2.x had. I hope you will put it back once again.

Thanks,
David
dm8tbr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually are readding an installer for win32. I'll try to have it available for the upcoming beta release, but can't promise it will be available at the same time as the sources.

Setting up as a service is also on our todo list, but won't be available in the upcoming Beta, hopefully in Beta2.
dm8tbr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised the installer is back with a re-release of 2.4.1 for Windows.

I do not expect to bring back a native Windows GUI, also because we'll be soon adding config reload to the web interface, pretty much the only bit you couldn't do with the web interface that you could with the UI (although the UI could just restart, so it would disconnect listeners).

Service support is planned too, but won't be present in the upcoming beta.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GUI interface was a very limited hack for stats display. The service aspect is not that bad if you compile out the main for win32, simplifies the whole conditional build stuff.

karl.
baudaisd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Icecast as a service in Windows Server 2008 Reply with quote

Hi, I have use the sc create command to create a service but when I try to run the service I get the error message "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. When I check the service properties the path is set as follows"

C:\Program Files\Icecast\bin\icecast.exe -c C:\Program Files\Icecast\icecast.xml

Can some tell me please, by example, how to set up the Icecast 2.4.1 as a windows service?

I have spent a number of hours on this and just can not seem to get it to work.

Thank you.
David.
Rokas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Icecast as a service in Windows Server 2008 Reply with quote

baudaisd wrote:
Hi, I have use the sc create command to create a service but when I try to run the service I get the error message "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. When I check the service properties the path is set as follows"

C:\Program Files\Icecast\bin\icecast.exe -c C:\Program Files\Icecast\icecast.xml

Can some tell me please, by example, how to set up the Icecast 2.4.1 as a windows service?

I have spent a number of hours on this and just can not seem to get it to work.

Thank you.
David.

Get nssm > open cmd > navigate to nssm directory > nssm install IceCast > select icecast.bat for the path.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: