Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seamless DJ switches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: seamless DJ switches Reply with quote

i run a radio where different DJ's connect to one and same mountpoint vis oddcast and other software. when DJ1 finished, DJ2 is connected automatically. problem is that the listener clients need to restart the stream.
is there an option in the icecast config to avoid this? i know it works fine with shoutcast though.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use a fallback mount (with override), it can be a file or another stream, but it must be of the same format or else your listeners will get confused.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the late reply.

"Only one can be listed in each mount and should refer to another mountpoint on the same server that is streaming in the same streaming format."

why! oh! why!? the problem is we all use the same mountpoint to connect to as we have new DJ's joining all the time and we can't set up a complicated shit like this:
DJ1 uses /mountpoint1.mp3 > fallback: /mountpoint2.mp3 of DJ2
DJ2 uses /mountpoint2.mp3 > fallback: /mountpoint1.mp3 of DJ3
DJ3 uses /mountpoint1.mp3 > fallback: /mountpoint2.mp3 of DJ4

an easier solution might be to let people use /mountpoint.mp3 and adding the http://www.server.com:8000/mountpoint.mp3.m3u into an ezstream stream.m3u using another final mountpoint for listening. but guess what? it doesn't work for urls (no metadata! error) cos ezstream sucks more than icecast does already. sorry but i get more and more frustrated about the fact that my server can't use shoutcast which seems to be the better solution... Sad
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c'mon there must be another solution! the mountpoint2 solution sucks too cos of relays and long pauses...
losing all listener stats with every switch is just a minor effect :/
can i force an m3u file with the stream url inside to repeat the single url again and again?
i thought about repeating the mountpoint m3u inside an extra m3u but that kinda sucks cos listeners might delete them off their playlist.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok fuck me hardcore and fuck shoutcast:

solution: hit repeat in your player with having the url as the only entry in the playlist Wink Very Happy

annoying anyway no?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not complicated, a fallback fed from a source client or relay that plays some content which is pre-recorded. This fallback is on say /fallback and will handle listener when there is a switchiver. The DJs connect on /live and /live does a fallback and override of /fallback. It isn't hard to set up.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: