Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast invisible from internet network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Icecast invisible from internet network Reply with quote

Hi,

I have installed icecast program on one of my two pcs. I have a modem-routeur thomson speedtouch V4.

When I want to access to the administration web page of my icecast server with my address dyndns.org, anything happens.
Howewer, dynsite software is installed and works great. If my public address is updated (dynamic adress IP) , software updates my dyndns account. I use 8000 for listen-port.

Sometimes, it's authentification's windows of my modem shows et asks me to register to access properties of my modem.

If someone knows happening on my connection, I expect these advices.

Thanks

(sorry for my english level)
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on your network software, I'm unfamiliar with it, but it sounds like you have a network behind a NAT box. Make sure connections are forwarded to the icecast machine correctly, you should also be able to access the icecast pages from the internal LAN by using the LAN IP.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi KarlH,

I thought to forward connections to 8000 port's icecast machine.

About NAT properties, which port I must tape for the inside port and which port for the outside port ?

Can you give me your experience to get the good configuration ?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just forward (DNAT) packets from the external address to the internal address, no need to change port numbers. You'll have to check the exact terminology for your NAT system, but the key thing to check first is that internal access works eg http://192.168.x.x:8000/status.xsl

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karlh,

When I try with my private address http://10.x.x.x:8000/admin/ or http://10.x.x.x:8000/status.xsl, I haven't got any problem but if I try with my address created at Dyndns.org, anything works.

I didn't change port numbers, I use 8000 number port.

I don't understand why I can't access to my icecast web server page ???
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to start looking at what your network is actually doing. The name will translate to an IP address which I guess is an externally addressable one so if you are using that from an LAN PC then your packets should be going to the router (NAT), the question you need sort out is, are the packets for that address been sent back into the LAN with modified addresses.

We cannot say what the fix is as _you_ need to determine what your network is actually doing. If people can access the server (status.xsl) from outside of your LAN then the external to internal forwarding is working. You should be able to do the same thing for internal LAN to internal LAN forwarding. The other way is to change what the dyndns name translates to, override it locally inside the LAN to a 10.x.x.x address.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karlh,

I thank you to help me. It's supportive to know someone.

I called a friend to make a test and it works. I 'm network technician and I didn't undersand all you 're going to write me. But I'll take my english dictionnary tomorrow.

So thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: