Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I AM LOST!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: I AM LOST!!! Reply with quote

If someone could just tell me where to look or point in the direction of a help file that will show me how to get the song titles to display. I tried creating the xml file and txt file with MP3 tag assistant (which by the way is a great tool) And that didn't work. This is one of my last obstacles. Any help would be appreciated. I might even send you 2.00 dollars through paypal. (all I got) Very Happy Smile Laughing
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

song titles via mp3 have to be requested by the player, so make sure that is happening first. Then check if title updates are occurring by looking on the /status.xsl page, if not then you have to see why the source client is not updating them.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

song titles are are being requested by oddcast from winamp. now how do you send them to icecast so that they show on the title line?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddcast is a source client, it encodes a stream to send to icecast, it doesn't request metadata, it sends it. The listeners have to request the metadata to receive it as it breaks the codec specs so those players need to filter that data out. Did you determine if song titles are appearing on the status page?

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The status page shows that the songs are changing at the bottom. I can create an html playlist through Winamp. www.gospelindienation.com/Test.html is the sample. But in WMP and iTunes all you get is Gospel Indie Nation. Thanks for your time and help.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that icecast shows the metadata means that it's getting to icecast at least. AFAIK the WMP player does not request metadata, I'm not sure if iTunes does or not. Check with another player (eg winamp/xmms) to see if metadata works.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: