Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wanting to stream live art lessons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: wanting to stream live art lessons Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Please bear with me .
I am wanting to broadcast live art lessons , preferably where I can control access to them. I have no idea where to start .
Please talk slow and use little words.. Very Happy I absolutely need baby steps on this and lots of hand holding...
What Id like to do is offer art lessons , maybe an hour in length , live with some type of chat capability so people can ask questions .. probably keyboard chat because most of my customer base is technically challenged like I am .. ( IE: the average 6 year old could kick our A** as far as computer knowledge is concerned ).
I d like to be able to set up some kind of pay per view feature but I dont have big bucks to spend to do this...
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
And again, please bear in mind that I can paint but I type with 2 fingers Very Happy so pretend this is your Grandmother that you are explaining this stuff to ... ( unless your Gram is one of the CEOS of Microsoft )... In THAT case, pretend youre explaining this to your dog ...
Marci
jcr
Modérateur français
Modérateur français

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as you're, at least for the moment, technically unskilled, the simplest for you would be having a service provider hosting icecast server.
For pay per view, you could use automated service such as phone tokens or paypal.

However, you'll still have to setup a client (SAM2 or something else) to send your broadcasting art lessons Wink

Feel free to ask for more
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I will try to explain this to you as simple as I can.

First you need a broadcasting tool set, then you need a webcam, a PC and an Internet connection.
The perfect tool set for you is Streaming BASE. You can almost say it's designed for your needs. I will tell you how we setup streams and broadcast events using Streaming BASE: We simply plug in the camera and the microphone into the Windows XP system. It connects to our FMS server and this way we broadcast to an unlimited number of people, video and audio in FULL SCREEN mode. Now, with Streaming BASE you have also the chatting feature and the pay-per-view feature.
Please contact me for more details or access the JAMONCAM website and fill in the contact form. You will be contacted immediately.

The harder we work the luckier we get!
Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: