Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ROOKIE, NOOB, Desperate needs your HELP!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: ROOKIE, NOOB, Desperate needs your HELP!!!!!!!!!!!1 Reply with quote

HI!!!

im using winamp in the virtual machine(client) to connect to the icecast host machine (server) which is in the us and i am in canada.

the server in us has a speed of 100mbps i ftp files from there to here at 700kbps.

when you are listening to the radio it rebufers or simply cuts the stream.
server is running winamp 5.3 full free version and oddcast V3 to conect to icast 2x.

stream rebufers on clients machine cutting the whole stream, or simply stops playing it.

This has been long time and i cant seem to figure it out, speeds are good and they shouldnt have no problem, one time i read something about configurating vps but i have no idea or clue how to do it or if do it on client or server machine.

I also heard some where that you have to clean the connection between both computers, also i never heard of this before and i have no clue on how to do it

pls help. thank you!

Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: