Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not Listed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSource

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Not Listed Reply with quote

Presently I am streaming with Radionomy and can't see the station listed on the Icecast directory. Was listed a few weeks ago when I was broadcasting with the RMO, but now streaming the broadcast with SAM.

Don't know if this is the reason why; encoding with ShoutCast Server, but the stream is going thru to Radionomy is an Icecast server 2.3.3-kh8.

Station stream name: TheSource:SmoothJazzRadio-KJAC.DB
url:http://streaming204.radionomy.com:80/TheSource-SmoothJazzRadio-KJACDB

The Source
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like some IP blocking has been activated on the directory. Probably an automatic thing. The radionomy servers are not getting any response. I'll see if I can get the issue raised.

karl.
dm8tbr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dir.xiph.org is most certainly NOT blocking radionomy.
We've actually given them significant preferential treatment, helped them debug their hardware problems that caused problems with listings and didn't even ask them for a donation to the Xiph.org foundation.

I would appreciate not to see such slanderous statements thrown around without proof that the Xiph.org foundation deliberately caused a problem.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, It was not meant to be taken badly, I know there has to be some automatic blocking for badly configured set ups, and with a recent DDoS that targeted radionomy then I could certainly see something coming from that, heck I know I've chased around a few before now. Like I said, there were no responses to the YP requests and when I heard back that the blocking was not at the directory end then I raised an issue to check in-between (usually the blocking is at the ends).

karl.
dm8tbr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually due to Icecast Server YP code being carefully designed we don't have any need for automatic blacklisting, so far.

We do have various monitoring features to detect badly configured servers. If necessary we will manually blacklist hosts for which we can't establish contact details. For Radionomy we have a well established email channel, so we would notify them before we take any action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: