Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All is up - but not working, how to solve?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: All is up - but not working, how to solve? Reply with quote

Hello

I was given almost a week to setup a "internet-radio broadcast" service for our organisation to air in the net a panel discussion.

I found out the Icecast2 building it (on SuSE 8.2, compiled from sources tgz) and it's running now seemingly all right on the server side.

On the source side I have a WinAMP 5.X and Shoutcast DSP and also the settings there seem all right.

But whenever I say Connect to the server it tries connecting for a few moments and then returns to Not Connected state.

I should have the right IP for the server, the port is default (8000) and password should be all right. I also can telnet to port 8000 on the server from the client, so the firewall shouldn't be any problem. Neither does error.log give any hint (actually there isn't anything about the tried connection)

Now, how to go on from here? Changing the source client? Any more debugging options?

Relying on you all Smile

hannu
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shoutcast source client will use port 8001 for sending while the listeners use port 8000. Native icecast2 source clients can use the same port as listeners but icecast can take a single shoutcast DSP source client.

So decide on which way to continue, either use say the oddcast dsp plugin for winamp or configure icecast to listen on port 8001 (with shoutcast-compat set). The former maybe easier to setup depending on what your running and what network/firewall changes you may have to do for the extra port.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl, thanks a lot of much Wink

I changed the DSP to Oddcast and got the thing up in no time Smile I tried it already earlier but missed how to configure the oddcast settings.

hannu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: