Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open Source clients capable of recording

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Open Source clients capable of recording Reply with quote

I have been having trouble finding open source clients capable of capturing music over the sound card in a Win32 environment. I have been using a trial version of some software that accomplished this task, but honestly, who wants to pay for software? Are there any open source clients capable of grabbing recorded audio, encoding it in ogg, and sending it off to Icecast? Or do I need to go start a new open source project to get this task accomplished?
EvilOverlord
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about windows, try the oddcast standalone source client

http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv3/oddcastv3_standalone_3.0.5.exe
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While is appears the oddsock client has live recording, which is what I'm after, it simply doesn't work the way I would like it to. I've actually started tinkering with a C++ program that uses our old friend BASS.dll to do it. I plan on making something that is command line and configurable via xml. I don't like GUI's much, and I liked the functionality of ezstream. However, since ezstream doesn't seem to be able to grab stuff off the input on my sound card I can't use it the way I want to. So I guess what I'll be doing is capturing stuff from input with my program, and pumping it to stdout where ezstream can get ahold of it. The idea was prompted by this thread:

http://forum.icecast.org/viewtopic.php?t=48

Does this idea sound concrete? I'm not repeating work that anyone has already done am I?

I guess I'll mention why I'm doing this in the first place. I've got a set of turntables and figured it would be fun to do live broadcasts off of them. I want to keep things console/xml style though...no GUI's.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryborg wrote:
While is appears the oddsock client has live recording, which is what I'm after, it simply doesn't work the way I would like it to. I've actually started tinkering with a C++ program that uses our old friend BASS.dll to do it. I plan on making something that is command line and configurable via xml. I don't like GUI's much, and I liked the functionality of ezstream. However, since ezstream doesn't seem to be able to grab stuff off the input on my sound card I can't use it the way I want to. So I guess what I'll be doing is capturing stuff from input with my program, and pumping it to stdout where ezstream can get ahold of it. The idea was prompted by this thread:

http://forum.icecast.org/viewtopic.php?t=48

Does this idea sound concrete? I'm not repeating work that anyone has already done am I?

I guess I'll mention why I'm doing this in the first place. I've got a set of turntables and figured it would be fun to do live broadcasts off of them. I want to keep things console/xml style though...no GUI's.

what ?!? you are running windows and don't want a GUI ?!? what kind of crazy windows user are you anyway...

but seriously, I've not heard of anything like you are talking about, (sans-GUI), most likely because most people who write win32 programs couldn't imagine their users not wanting a GUI - ezstream is an exception to this case.

anyway, BASS.dll gives you a great interface for doing exactly what you want, and you should be able to code up something like what you are looking for relatively easily.. just make sure you set all your file descriptors to binary mode (stdin/stdout default to non-binary on win32)...

oddsock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: