Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want Server Stats for a website page that I am makeing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: I want Server Stats for a website page that I am makeing Reply with quote

I have searched and searched for code that will allow me to pull the server stats for a specific /mount on my server.

I know you can get the admin server stats, but I am trying to make it so that I can make a webpage showing the stats for all my listeners.

Anyone have a clue on how to do this or can you point me in the right direction to find it?

Thanks,

Josh
azinfoline.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has ever asked this?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listener details (being more sensitive) are only available via /admin. The 2.3 code will only provide a fixed set of xsl pages for getting the listener details. I'm experimenting with allowing your own admin xsl pages in the -kh branch but it's not finalised yet.

karl.
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your reply. I have seen PHP nuke users be able to manipulate the code some how, I dont know how they did it. Also when I used Shoutcast I had an easy script that allowed this to work, but I cannot seem to find anywhere code for this.

I own www.azinfoline.com, I have over 1600 users on my forums, I have the icecast all setup on a virtual server and such. People can tune in as we speak, but if the live broadcasts aren't going to show stats then my users get frustrated.

I wish there was something.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still unclear on what you are want from icecast, the term 'stats' is vague. While 2.3 may not report every possible stat, it's up to people to report what they think should be available. As a general rule we don't want to report listener connection details to non-authenticated requests.

karl.
owine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i run an icecast server and it has some information about the current streaming song/stream. http://townsquareradio.net its a combination of PHP and some custom XSL scripts used to get the variables from the icecast web interface.
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is exactly what I want to do! I need to know how I can make my own webpage with the stats from my server to be displayed for everyone on my site. I have over 1600 users who are on my site and will have probably over 100+ listeners for our live shows.

Where can I find the codes and instructions to learn how to get the server stats to be displayed on a web page I make.

That is a perfect example of what I want.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code and the modified xsl file contents, check this topic

--
Regards,
BWare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: