|Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:38 pm Post subject: Icecast 2.3.0 Annoucement
|We are pleased to announce the next release of Icecast.
Downloads available at http://www.icecast.org/download.php (pending mirror propagation)
**** New features for 2.3.0 ****
- Streaming support for ogg speex, ogg flac, ogg midi
- intro file support - per mount settable
Intro files will play when a listener first connects to a stream. This
is designed for station jingles and the like. If you don't broadcast
in ogg vorbis, you must make sure the bitrate/samplerate/number of
channels match up to your stream.
- on-demand relays, global and per-relay settable
On demand relays only connect to the relayed content when there are
listeners attached to the relay. This can save bandwidth in certain cases.
- fallback to file, extends on the intro file handling.
With this feature, you can specify a "fallback file" which will be played
in a loop and sent your currently connected listeners in the event of a
source client disconnect. This means your listeners stay connected while
you fix your disconnect problem. Same rules regarding bitrate/samplerate/
number of channels apply as with intro files.
- new mount-level settings
1. public, type/subtype, genre settings, stream description,
stream url, stream name, bitrate (override what is sent from the source
2. mp3 metadata interval
3. on-[dis]connect scripts can be stated per-mount, invoked at source
start/stop and take 1 arg which is the mountpoint.
- New URL listener authenticator.
This delegates your listener authorization to an external application.
URL calls are made on listener connect/disconnect as well as source
connect/disconnect. It is meant for large broadcasters who have existing
authentication systems that need to be integrated into. Included is
an example php-based application that can be used in conjunction with
the url authenticator to manage a simple subscription-based broadcast.
- HTPasswd authenticator uses in-memory structures now.
- On demand files now can be fed through an authenticator
- Update to admin/web xslt interface
- Icecast can now be installed as a win32 service
**** Fixes for 2.3.0 ****
- real/helix works
- win32 access log correct
- stats client is stable now (curl -X STATS http://admin@host:port/)
- show mountpoints on stats that are inactive but have an active fallback
- more updates over HUP possible
- improved stability under heavy load
- moving clients will no longer sometimes deadlock the server
- avoid small writes to reduce TCP overhead.
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
subRebel style by ktauber