Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem making 2.30 work as a master server for 2.20
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radio Ultra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: problem making 2.30 work as a master server for 2.20 Reply with quote

I encountering this problem ... i have 4 2.20 servers and whant to upgrade them to 2.30 i have a master server and 3 slave server ... all have the same pass on relay connect as the servers realy pass i've changed the master into 2.30 works fine for the listener but the slaves can't connect to him ... even if the pass are good please help me hurry !!!

[post title sanitised, please don't shout]
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the <mount> tags defined in the master xml. It's usually best to state something like max listeners if nothing else

karl.
RADIO ULTRA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO MAN !!! I sad that i have a radio statio ... i used till now incecast 2.2.0 . i have 4 servers installed on different computers around the internet ... one of them is master server for relay ... the others are slave servers ... i upgraded the master server to icecast 2.3.0 and the others server can't connect to the mountpoints ... i tried even master server icecast 2.3.0 and the slave server icecast 2.3.0 and still nothing ... the firewall is st ok ... the pass and user names is ok on the master and slave configs ... but still nothing ... i repeat i had 2.2.0 and worked fine ... now i returned to 2.2.0 and works fine ... i hope someone repears this bug !!!!!!!!!!

Yes everithing its ok ... set up ... i hope it will be ok in the future ... becouse now i-m back on the 2.2.0
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not tell from that reply if you have done what I've suggested or not.

karl.
RADIO ULTRA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i have the max listners ...
RADIO ULTRA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RADIO ULTRA wrote:
Yes i have the max listners ...

Sorry but i think i must not selecht that if i have the both master and relay icecast 2 servers right ?
On the master on realy part i have nothing selected only at the slave ...
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not send me the master xml. At least then it will be clear what you have or don't have set.

karl.
RADIO ULTRA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KARL ... sorry for the grate rush of my earlyer comment.

The problem is ... i want to make the the MASTER-SLAVE relay option. I used it on other earlyer versions very well. I tried to make the master server of my radio servers network icecast 2.3.0 but nothing. I used the same setings as in the 2.2.0 config file, but still 2.3.0 don't want to work as an master server. If it is something changed in this version (2.3.0) please tell me, if not then try it for your self ... master server icecast 2.3.0 and slave 2.2.0 or 2.3.0 (it works as an slave)
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've double checked here, with both icecast 2.2 and 2.3 as the slave and it works as I expect them to do. I've said that you need mount tags, you inidicate you have them and I've asked for a copy of the master xml. I'm not sure what else we can do.

karl.
radio-ultra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i've been rong i do not have mount tags in the config ... i really have to do mout tags for every mount that i have on the server ?
Ok and onother question how can i ger rid of the parenthesis in the winamp for example, i hate that becouse i don't use meta data ... from mout tag ? Give me an example of mout tag if you're kind. Thank's karl

Liviu Preda ! You can listen to my station with this pls file http://live.radio-ultra.com/radioultra_high.pls
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 2.3, to get the stream list from the master you need the mount tags, 2.2 didn't handle fallback mounts in the listing, it also gives you more control on which streams are relayed (hidden etc). You should have mount tags even for 2.2 so that at least max listeners can be applied.

The parenthesis are created by the winamp plugin for display, xmms is the same. If you want to disabled all mp3 metadata to listeners then set <mp3-metadata-interval> to 0 in the <mount>. The only other way is to configure the listeners player but I don't know how flexible it is.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K thank's karl did you listen ? What is your opinion about the sound quality ? you should try tu listen on the second server on the playlist Wink
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp3 at 128kbps will never be great quality, but might be enough for most. Obviously as a Xiph project we prefer people to use Vorbis

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are right but i made some testing with vorbis ... and the problem is that ogg is bad in the upper freqvencies soo ... i will use mp3. ( I am a producer in a radio station and i tell you the best quality of sound is mp3 !)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be about the only one who thinks mp3 is better than vorbis then Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: