Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

just setup my first icecast and I'm having one issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: just setup my first icecast and I'm having one issue Reply with quote

Ok, first of all. . here's the setup

basic server

winbox running newest icecast2, winamp5, newest oddcast. .

I'm testing it with my linux box, everytime a track changes it hangs and throws an "unexpected end of stream"

I searched the forums a tad, couldn't find a solution, anyone know where to change this? I figure it's some kind of buffer setting or it being so close and as it's over a gigabit network in the apartment, it might be getting pissy.

The linux box is running ubuntu and connecting via rythmbox.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try another player. Most likely the one you are using is broken somehow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt thats the problem, I use rythmbox to listen to intarnet radio quite a bit. .

most users of winamp testing for me keep getting thrown a "error syncing to mpeg stream" It's bumfuzzling me, last time I tried this sort of deal it was up and running in half an hour
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you are serving an ogg stream with mp3 extension on the mountpoint? It's impossible to tell since we don't have more info about your setup. Is the stream accessible so I can test it?
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's from the sound source Smile use sam2 encoder it's good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: