Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Streaming mpeg1 layer2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Streaming mpeg1 layer2 Reply with quote

I need to broadcast layer2 streams with out reencoding.
There is no problem with mp3 using ices 0.4,
but with mp2 its says that sending is done... with out any result....
njp_963

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Streaming mpeg1 layer2 Reply with quote

I encountered the same problem trying to stream layer 2 using the example.c code accompanying libshout-2.1

In the source code of libshout-2.1, in mp3.c around line 300, there is a check which will only permit layer 3 to pass. I commented out this test, re-compiled libshout and am now streaming layer 2 Smile

I'm not aware of any good reason to have this restriction in place, but perhaps someone knows better than I do?

If ices uses this same library (which I think it does) this should work for you. I hope so!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: