Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intro mount point request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fafa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Intro mount point request Reply with quote

Intro mount point or file is a great feature of the new 2.3 .

But when a client is disconnected for few seconds (for example his network congestions) Intro is played again .
And it is very... Mad Mad Mad to have intro track played again and again, instead of a little blank when player reconnect automaticaly.

Is it possible to introducte a "intro timeout" which set time in second when a client (IP of the player) doesn't need to have intro played if it reconnect after.
Yes, it need to have some IPs in memory in order to remeber who has disconnected and when. But it can be a request in the log file.

Just an idea...
Shocked

Other thing, it is possible to setup, though admin interface the fallback but not the intro.
Changing intro with stopping icecast server will be a great feature also.

Thank all,
Fafa
Radio Sing Sing
http://www.sing-sing.org
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A specified intro is always played for new listeners, if they disconnect for whatever reason then the intro will be the be played again. Having an intro timeout would require the client details to hang around and to be matched up when they reconnect, which is great until you realise that those client details may not be as unique as you think, IPs can be shared, ports can be different, in fact the only useful information that may be shared between the connection attempts is a username (which is optional).

I would just make sure the max size of the queue for the stream is sufficiently large enough to handle these lags, the queue shrinks to burst-szie if your listeners are receiving quick enough so it won't take memory.

karl
fafa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,
I increase queue size and using IP is not a really goof idea, but an "session id" of each client can be associated with a "intro timeout" ?

Other point, is it possible to setup intro file, using web interface, in order to setup intro without restarting icecast server ?

karlH wrote:
A specified intro is always played for new listeners, if they disconnect for whatever reason then the intro will be the be played again. Having an intro timeout would require the client details to hang around and to be matched up when they reconnect, which is great until you realise that those client details may not be as unique as you think, IPs can be shared, ports can be different, in fact the only useful information that may be shared between the connection attempts is a username (which is optional).

I would just make sure the max size of the queue for the stream is sufficiently large enough to handle these lags, the queue shrinks to burst-szie if your listeners are receiving quick enough so it won't take memory.

karl
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any player handles a session-id like say cookies, in theory the url auth handler could use a session-id but the intro file is not part of that check. I'd be more concerned with why the network was having a major outage.

Before we expand on the web interface, we should add secure sockets into the build, my work on that seems to be working out nicely, but will probably be post 2.3.1.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: