Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Video & Audio Streaming from a Web Cam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Live Video & Audio Streaming from a Web Cam Reply with quote

Hi there Cool

I am basically wanting to know if the following would be possible using the Icecast software..

We have a server setup at a location with a webcam and microphone.. we would like to setup a linux server to record Video and Audio live.

From here the feed will travel to another city where our high bandwidth server (unfortunately running windows) is located and from here will be distributed via http (some sort of flash player?)

Basically I'm trying to find a software solution that works.. I've been reading a lot about Icecast and Theroa and I think this should work.. but I'd like to get some advice from the pros Smile

So my major concerns:

1: Can icecast support this configuration?

2: Is there a problem with the high bandwidth server running windows?

3: Is there a flash player which supports the icecast codecs? (or an alternative player which will embed in a webpage?)

Is there anything wrong with what we're trying to do?

At this point I'm basically looking for advice =)

Best Regards,

Paul England
Auckland, New Zealand
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: