Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

selecting IP/port to listen on per <mount>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: selecting IP/port to listen on per <mount> Reply with quote

Hi,

We have a darkice server streaming the same source to an icecast server with multiple bitrate (128, 64, 24).

We would like to stream only 24k to some part of Internet. the choice is made from a network appliance, forwarding the client request to a specific port or IP.

As the listen and port parameters are global to the server, I see no way to stream a specific content only to a specific IP/port.

Do you think it would be possible to add this feature ?

I see 2 solutions from here :

1) add bind-address and port parameter (or full listen socket) in each mount

2) add a name for each <listen-socket> and then "subscribe" it to each <mount>

Maybe you have another solution to acheve that ?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

currently I see 2 possibilities, run a second icecast that is limited for the 24k streams (it can act as a slave) or configure auth url on the specific streams and accept/deny new listeners based on their IP, server port etc.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for this answer.
The first solution is the one we choose for the moment, but managing 2 instances is not the best solution as it leads to twice more failing point Smile

The second solution may be good but it involve doing the check on the server for every user connexion. This will be far less effective than the appliance based check which is optimized for that.

I really think the good solution for me (but the right way to do it also) is to be able to say this mount is accessible from this ip and this port, and the other mount point from that.

I haven't checked the source code yet, but do you think it would be hard to do ?

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: