Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frustrated with icecast embedding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Frustrated with icecast embedding Reply with quote

Hi all,

Having never used icecast before i've always thought icecast was the more, how can i word it.. open and with a broader horizon for some reason, not sure why i think this but for some reason i do....

I finally managed to get a shoutcast link working in all browsers and was happy with it.. but then decided to give icecast a try as the program (traktor) i like to use supports icecast straight out of the program.

To my horror and more so surprise after just peeking at some links and this forum i see with icecast it isn't so simply at all with embedding, mostly due to adobes fault i gather?

What am i tryin to say lol i dunno really! But i'm pretty gobsmacked how much of a headache it is just to embed a live link with icecast and get it working in all browsers.

Have I missed it somewhere or is there really no way of getting a stream to play on all browsers? The solutions i've seen so far seem to be abit hit and miss with browsers. I've seen mentioned about a solution that works but im not very code minded at all and can't grasp at all what is being said. Neutral

Cheers for any guidance
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embedding a link in a web page is really a html type of issue, but it's not clear on what exactly the problem is that you are referring to. Obviously browsers don't play content, plugins like flash or java do and as you indicate flash has had some issues (we can only guess as to what is going on in flash-land, possibly content-length related). If you want a java class to work eg. jorbisplayer then you could place that in icecast webroot and that seems to work quite well.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: