Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IceS Stream Ogg Theora

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see IceS have Ogg Theora (Video) streaming capabilities?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: IceS Stream Ogg Theora Reply with quote

I currently use IceS and Icecast to stream an Ogg Vorbis radio station. I would LOVE to see IceS be able to stream Ogg Theora.

I don't want to have one stream generator for this, and one stream generator for that, etc. I am aware that ezstream will stream both Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Theora, however it has been difficult to compile on RHEL4 and is not as reliable as IceS has been.
MikeS
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live video encoding would be a pretty substantial addition/change to IceS2, but I'd consider a patch that added it - I doubt I'll be developing it myself any time soon, though.

Or did you just mean playlist stuff? That's not really what IceS is primarily designed for, though I guess it does it reasonably well. We certainly wouldn't want some formats supported ONLY for playlists.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks MikeS for your quick reply. for your info, currently, i have ripped in every one of my cds (9 days, 11 hours, and 15 minutes worth of music) and use Ices with great success to create a randomized playlist sort of "radio station." IceS is stable, featurefull and reliable, i have found. i guess initially, i would test the IceS functionality with a video playlist, hoping eventually to move up to live capture and stream.

i just like IceS better than ezstream, so i'd love to see its functionality improve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: