Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Embedded Players for icecast2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Embedded Players for icecast2 Reply with quote

Hello, friends,

Some people (not very smart people) are having problems to access my station.I already made my best in order to turn things easier for them.

They complain about many things:

01 - When they click on the PLAY link, another software like PowerDVD try to open the link...they often don't know what to do...

02 - some of them don't know how to choose appropriate link for their internet speed.

03 - And even some "girls" find difficult to install Winamp for instance... They feel like fix a car problem...

04 - Many of them, would prefer to use their own Windows Media player... they say... why install anything ??Aghhhh!!! (indeed, many people can access with WMP, but some don't... I always reccomend installing Winamp...

So, I try to do my best in order to avoid these stupid things.

I would like to embed kind of a FLASH Stream icecast2 and mp3 player inside my Website in order to easy things.

Could you tell me a list of links where I could try and test some of them with my pages?

Thanks in advance,

HITMAN
kozlov

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which format are you broadcasting in? If Vorbis, you may look at JOrbis, and for WMP look at oggcodecs or some DirectShow filters that must be installed in prior to playback Ogg files/streams in WMP. The same is for aacPlus - you have to install an Orban WMP plugin (http://www.orban.com/plugin/, I guess). Any embdeed player hasn't any sense for me, because one that I saw installed some dlls in system directory. But there's a hope that it will appear, because I've heard about HE-AAC support in new Adobe Flash.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp3
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Flash Player for AAC+ (He-AAC) Streams Reply with quote

The encoders and Icecast Servers for streaming AAC or AAC+ has been out ther for a while.. But has anyone got a AAC stream to play in the new Flash player ??

Or Maybe someone got a AAC into a FLV being streamed out of a modified Icecast server to play in a flash player.

If anyone sees this somewhere.. Please let me know. Smile
bbk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: flash player for icecast2 Reply with quote

this is the only flash player i found for icecast2 that works.

http://www.draftlight.net/dnex/mp3player/minicaster/

you wil need to patch the icecast2 software to get it to work with ie7.

to change the design in the pro version you will need adobe flash, the code is still in as2.

hope it helps...

http://audioasyl.net
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patching should not be needed now, trunk code has the flash hack v2 in already.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: