Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Newbie question. Reply with quote

I've managed to get icecast-2.3.1 and ices-0.4 running on a computer using Suse-9.0.

I can connect to the stream with a W2K machine using Winamp. I connect to http://192.168.x.y:8000/noise and it plays, shows me the artist and song title.

I can connect to the stream with the Suse machine using xmms (version 1.2.Cool using the same url, it plays and shows me "noise", which happens to be the mountpoint on the icecast server (per ices). I'd really like to see the same information that Winamp diplays.

So what stupid mistake have I made?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change a setting in the xmms plugin preferences (streaming), enable icecast title streaming. MP3 doesn't have titles natively, so only players that ask for titles get titles.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: WHAP! Reply with quote

The sound of my palm being applied to my forehead.

Thanks! Works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: