Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

allow/deny clients with certain IPs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: allow/deny clients with certain IPs Reply with quote

hi i have read here that i can allow deny some ip
http://www.icecast.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

tell me pls how i can do this?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just specify <allow-ip> or probably a more common approach is to specify <deny-ip> in the <paths> section. In both cases it's a filename to a file containing IP addresses (one per line) that will drop an incoming connection depending on whether it is allowed or denied. This also exists in the trunk code as well however the wildcard (eg 192.168.*) mechanism is not available in trunk.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnks, and one more little question. Can i move not all, but only one listener to another mount?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's all of them at the moment, although there is nothing technically impossible with just moving one.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
No, it's all of them at the moment, although there is nothing technically impossible with just moving one.

karl.

can u impement it in next KH build? tnks
Lexx01

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
.....a more common approach is to specify <deny-ip> in the <paths> section. In both cases it's a filename to a file containing IP addresses (one per line) that will drop an incoming connection depending on whether it is allowed or denied. ....karl.

Hi Karl/Anyone

A real newbie here. I'm trying to block a single IP without much luck. Am I doing this correctly?

I created a simple txt file named 'deny.txt'. It consists of a single IP address. I placed it in the icecast directory in /doc.

In icecast.xml I added <deny-ip>/doc/deny.txt</deny-ip>.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check your error log to be sure but I suspect the path is wrong, maybe you meant it to be an absolute path.

karl.
Lexx01

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl

My path was incorrect as you suggested. I needed a '.' in front of /doc/deny.txt

Works perfectly now.

Thanks
DJ-Zath

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one simular (question, that is)

I want to allow only one client IP to a mount specifically.. including localhost.. the mount will be relayed via another mount internally, and that mount is "open to the public"

"why?" you ask??

the reason is that I pull the stream from said mount to be sent into a remote studio for processing/enhancement/etc..etc..etc.. only the studio needs access to this mount when it is present.. BUT if the connection to the studio fails, then I want icecast to foreward this mount to the public mount without any restrictions..

the reason I have to "lock" it is because the remote DJs have a habit to LISTEN to the input mount- when they should be listenig to the public mount instead (if they are to listen to any mount at all!) they listen to the wrong mount, and therefore miss the on-line cues and other program mechanisms... I also find them listening to each other via the input mount.. a real NO-NO!

thanks in advance for your help.

-DjZ-
Smile Smile
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way at the moment to restrict mountpoint listener access by IP is to use url based auth. to accept/reject the listener based upon the IP passed in the POST details. In theory the code to filter based on IP could be made a per-mount option but there hasn't been any call for it to be implemented there.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: