Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something strange with Fedora 9 and Icecast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liteFun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Something strange with Fedora 9 and Icecast Reply with quote

Friend upgraded his server from Fedora 8 to Fedora 9, and then started mysterious problem.
Icecast binds to some random port, not the specified 8000 or what ever in config has.
I can only guess that is something to do with Fedora 9, but what, that's a big mystery.
Friend has tried installing Icecast 2.3.1 with yum (I guess, or some other tool that installs those ready made packets) and compiling 2.3.2 by hand. No success. Icecast keeps on binding to mysterious ports, or not at all.
Does somebody have some testbed with Fedora 9 to resolve this problem?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone else reported this but said 2.3.2 worked fine. I'll have access to a fedora 9 over the weekend to try it out but contact me if you want to try something sooner.

karl.
liteFun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed Fedora 9 on my laptop, just to test Icecast (2.3.2), and it seems to work fine. I have to check my NAT settings to be 100% sure.
Maybe key for that problem that friend has, is upgrading Fedora 8 to Fedora 9?
Neither 2.3.1 or 2.3.2 working on his system properly.

I just after Fedora 9 installed and booted, used elinks to open icecast.org and grabbed tarball and then configured, got something about XSLT so then I used "yum install libxslt*" and again ./configure, then make all, make install and edited icecast.xml, started icecast and tried links localhost:8000/ and it showed status.xsl.
So, for pure Fedora 9 install all seems to work fine.

Oh btw, is inet_aton used for IPv6? I was wondering that, I have always previously used --enable-ipv6 as some other software require that for configuring before compiling, this time I used only plain ./configure.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, not sure why an upgrade mechanism would cause problems, but it's possible if say the compiler structured the args differently. This is assuming that the icecast package didn't get updated.

inet_aton is not for IPv6 but we do use it if the IPv6 api is not available.

karl.
liteFun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One possibly reason could be that stupid SELinux-thing. I don't remember what software I tried to compile, but it didn't start to run until SELinux was fully disabled. I guess friend has disabled that too.

I have to re-install everything to my laptop, then I will try installing Fedora 8 and install Icecast from package, then upgrade to Fedora 9 and try if Icecast works or not. If it works, I don't know how to exactly reproduce that error.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should have an se linux report if that is the issue.

karl.

Last edited by karlH on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
liteFun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend got Icecast working, don't know what was really the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: