Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RealPlayer 8.0.3.421 RHE 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: RealPlayer 8.0.3.421 RHE 3 Reply with quote

When I connect to icecast with RealPlayer 8.0.3.421 with Redhat RHE3I only hear about 2 seconds of the music. I am using the ices transcoder. I then hear clipping and the application disconnects. I disabled the bursting but that did not help. I can hear other mp3 streams from the site list ok. I have 256kbs up bandwith and re-encoding the mp3 output at 128kbs. Any thoughts? Shoutcast works fine...I want to convert...Thanks in advance...

Bill
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: RealPlayer 8.0.3.421 RHE 3 Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
When I connect to icecast with RealPlayer 8.0.3.421 with Redhat RHE3I only hear about 2 seconds of the music. I am using the ices transcoder. I then hear clipping and the application disconnects. I disabled the bursting but that did not help. I can hear other mp3 streams from the site list ok. I have 256kbs up bandwith and re-encoding the mp3 output at 128kbs. Any thoughts? Shoutcast works fine...I want to convert...Thanks in advance...

Bill

There have been reports of realplayer not working with icecast, but I'm not sure what the particular problem with version 8 is. v10 turned out to be metadata related and is fixed in the trunk/kh code. Can you check with either of these first ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: RealPlayer 8.0.3.421 RHE 3 Reply with quote

The RealPlayer 10 rpm RealPlayer-10.0.4.750-20050401.i586.rpm from http://fedoranews.org/tchung/realplayer/ installed over
8.0.3.421 and works fine. Thanks....Very Happy
karlH wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Bill

There have been reports of realplayer not working with icecast, but I'm not sure what the particular problem with version 8 is. v10 turned out to be metadata related and is fixed in the trunk/kh code. Can you check with either of these first ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: