Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Listing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joeglennis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Listing Reply with quote

How may i be listed on Shoutcast or Real Player using icecast server. works fine when connected through my website www.wkewseattle.com but when i type in Z100 in shoutcast, nothing appears that is MY information. another words, im not listed anywhere, not even dir.xiph.org

im using http://localhost:8000/live.mp3

im not a computer genius like you guys and i dont know much about configuration RAW, but i can figure out alot. Can you please help?

Joe
Z100 Seattle Radio
www.wkewseattle.com
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most obvious thing wrong is that localhost is not valid, it is a reserved named that means the local address. So localhost will be of no use to anyone but yourself (would you ask someone to send you a letter through the post by specifying the address as "Here").

If you are trying to register with our directory server with a localhost address then it will be rejected and your icecast server will show that in the error log. Attempting to list with dir.xiph.org is optional so you may not be even trying that. Attempts to list with the shoutcast directory will fail as the protocol is not the same, it's undocumented and they have a policy of banning sites not using shoutcast.

karl.
Joeglennis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Thank you but... Reply with quote

Thank you sir, so, how should i write the "HOST" in the Statistic relay?
or do i write in the relay area in the "ALIAS" (mountpoint details) as of now its /live.mp3....crap! im confused!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: