Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

issue compiling ices-0.4 with flac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erika

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: issue compiling ices-0.4 with flac Reply with quote

Hello,

I have FLAC include files in standard location - /usr/local/include/FLAC

And libraries where they belong - /usr/local/lib (the make output below references /usr/local/lib/libFLAC.so which is a symlink pointing to libFLAC.so.8.2.0 which exists and is -rwxr-xr-x )

./configure finds flac support and gives me the go-ahead

but when I go to make, I get this:
make[3]: Entering directory `/root/build/ices-0.4/src'
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/include -pthread -o ices ices.o log.o setup.o stream.o util.o mp3.o cue.o metadata.o id3.o signals.o crossfade.o ices_config.o reencode.o in_vorbis.o in_mp4.o in_flac.o playlist/libplaylist.a -L/usr/local/lib -lshout -lvorbis -lm -logg -L/usr/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm -Wl,-E -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE -L/usr/local/lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a -L/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE -lperl -lresolv -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lpthread -lc -lmp3lame -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg -lmp4v2 -lfaad -lFLAC -lm
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/include -o ices ices.o log.o setup.o stream.o util.o mp3.o cue.o metadata.o id3.o signals.o crossfade.o ices_config.o reencode.o in_vorbis.o in_mp4.o in_flac.o -Wl,-E -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE -pthread playlist/libplaylist.a -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libshout.so -L/usr/lib -lxml2 -lz /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a -L/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE -lperl -lresolv -lnsl -ldl -lcrypt -lutil -lpthread -lc -lmp3lame -lvorbisfile -lvorbis /usr/local/lib/libmp4v2.so /usr/local/lib/libfaad.so /usr/local/lib/libFLAC.so -logg -lm -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
in_flac.o: In function `ices_flac_open':
/root/build/ices-0.4/src/in_flac.c:79: undefined reference to `FLAC__stream_decoder_set_read_callback'
/root/build/ices-0.4/src/in_flac.c:80: undefined reference to `FLAC__stream_decoder_set_write_callback'
/root/build/ices-0.4/src/in_flac.c:81: undefined reference to `FLAC__stream_decoder_set_metadata_callback'
/root/build/ices-0.4/src/in_flac.c:82: undefined reference to `FLAC__stream_decoder_set_error_callback'
/root/build/ices-0.4/src/in_flac.c:90: undefined reference to `FLAC__stream_decoder_set_client_data'
/root/build/ices-0.4/src/in_flac.c:99: undefined reference to `FLAC__stream_decoder_init'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [ices] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/build/ices-0.4/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/build/ices-0.4/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/build/ices-0.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Ideas? Thanks so much!
erika (dot net)
kjkoning

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Erika,

I also have an interest in using FLAC files with ices-0.4. I'm running CentOS 5, and I just ran 'yum install flac-devel', had it install everything, then ./configure, make, and make install, and did not receive any errors.
What OS are you running? I had a lot of issues trying to get the correct packages for Debian, so I eventually gave up on that and tried it on CentOS instead.
erika

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

It's redhat 5...

# uname -srvmpio
Linux 2.6.18-128.1.1.el5 #1 SMP Mon Jan 26 13:59:00 EST 2009 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Which version is your flac? I'm using 1.2.1...

thanks
erika
stewart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After about 2 weeks of trying off and on to get ices0 to compile with flac support on ubuntu (8.04 and 9.04) and debian lenny, i finally got it to compile today.

First of all, the configure script is messed up, so you will need libfaad-dev packages installed regardless of whether you want mp4 support or not. Second, it will only compile with flac v1.1.2 or earlier, which are not in the ubuntu repositories. I compiled the library and placed it in /usr/local. With flac 1.1.2 and the libfaad-dev packages I was finally able to get it to compile.

Then another issue came up, it would read the flac steam and reencode to mp3 just fine, but the metadata was messed up because I use Musicbrainz to tag my flac files which inserts additional tags like artistsort. Which would cause ices to send artist=ort=<artist name> to icecast instead of artist=<artist name>.

in_flac.c uses strncasecmp() to check only the first 6 characters of the metadata line to check for artist, if the first 6 characters are equal to artist then the remainder of the line is set. It is a simple fix, but the last time I tried to submit a patch to ices and icecast regarding metadata the self-righteous maintainer was an ass about it, so if you need this fix pm me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: