Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flash10 Live Mp3 Streaming Player for Icecast2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
fbricker



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 8
Location: Tandil, Argentina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Flash10 Live Mp3 Streaming Player for Icecast2 Reply with quote

If you're trying to make live audio streaming with icecast, work on all major browsers in all major OS maybe you're needing this.
Live Mp3 Flash Player that works great with Icecast 2. It has some interesting and necessary features like reconnect on network errors to make sure users never get silence and cache management to avoid memory huge memory consumption.
Developed in haXe, this project only needs Flash 10 plugin (or newer) to work.

Itís open source and you can find it at:
http://ffmp3.sourceforge.net/
_________________
Federico Bricker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbk



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!

I whould like to see also a opensource flash player project build with:

http://axdt.org/

Maybe you are interested in converting... i whould like to submit also a bit of code...

greetings
_________________
::bbk::

http://audioasyl.net
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior


Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Posts: 5476
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With vorbis playback support of course!

karl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bbk



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes this whould be a dream!

but my skills whouldn't be enough to write a codec library in flash if even this whould be possible.

Shocked
_________________
::bbk::

http://audioasyl.net
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
M Cao



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Flash10 Live Mp3 Streaming Player for Icecast2 Reply with quote

fbricker wrote:
If you're trying to make live audio streaming with icecast, work on all major browsers in all major OS maybe you're needing this.
Live Mp3 Flash Player that works great with Icecast 2. It has some interesting and necessary features like reconnect on network errors to make sure users never get silence and cache management to avoid memory huge memory consumption.
Developed in haXe, this project only needs Flash 10 plugin (or newer) to work.

Itís open source and you can find it at:
http://ffmp3.sourceforge.net/


Hola,

I just tried to install the FFmp3 player but I can't seen to get it to work, since I changed the parsed code in the html file with my radio server http://ip:port/playlist.m3u
Is there anyone that got to make it work and how?
what am I doing wrong?
Is there a user manual or instructions?
Best Regards
MC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbk



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to check the following thing more out.

but the problem i think is you need to leave the following character instead of writing a slash:

Code:

http%3A%2F%2F


hope this helps.

*edit*

so as far i think it works your url looks like this:

Code:

http%3A%2F%2Fip%3Aport%2Fmountpoint


i don't think it can handle playlists so you need to add the mountpoint.
_________________
::bbk::

http://audioasyl.net
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
M Cao



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Works fine on Mozilla, not in MSIE Reply with quote

Thank you for the instructions!

Everytring OK, it works just fine and without the interruptions experienced with minicaster.

BUT it only works under Mozilla Firefox. Internet Explorer of any version and/or Opera browsers won't show the player. Is there a compatibility code or option?

ThanX

MC

www.radioamerica.eu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fbricker



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 8
Location: Tandil, Argentina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

bbk wrote:
Thank you very much!

I whould like to see also a opensource flash player project build with:

http://axdt.org/

Maybe you are interested in converting... i whould like to submit also a bit of code...

greetings


Thanks BBK and all you people for your comments!

karlH, BBK: I tried one version that supports OGG/Vorbis playback, but as it decodes the stream using flash, it takes a lot of proccesor to work and if you don't have a good computer it does't sounds good:(. Anyway, I'll to be adding support soon to see what happens Smile

Good bye...
Federico
http://ffmp3.sourceforge.net
_________________
Federico Bricker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
M Cao



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Tired of trying standalone flash icecast players Reply with quote

Well.. finally, after many disappointments trying the flash media players, available online, here is my choice (just between those I managed to actually get working):

1.- Confused Minicaster: http://www.draftlight.net/dnex/mp3player/minicaster/
works under Mozilla and MSIE, nice design, easy to install in a simple HTML website BUT the music is interrupted every 30 or 50 seconds 4 a second. Seems 2 b a buffer management problem related 2 the new version of flash.


2.- Rolling Eyes FFMP3: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmp3/
A little bit hard to configure (see my 2 previous posts in this same subject and thanx 2 bbk 4 his answer). When finally working and embedded in a simple HTML page... surprise... player NOT 2-b seen in MSIE...
!

3.- Smile Mod RAR Radio: http://extension.rarcomputacion.com/
I finally decided to install a player integrated to Joomla CMS and it works fine (so far). It opens in a small pop up window and works in most versions of Mozilla, MSIE and even in Opera!

Hope this helps someone!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fbricker



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 8
Location: Tandil, Argentina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Tired of trying standalone flash icecast players Reply with quote

M Cao wrote:
Well.. finally, after many disappointments trying the flash media players, available online, here is my choice (just between those I managed to actually get working):

1.- Confused Minicaster: http://www.draftlight.net/dnex/mp3player/minicaster/
works under Mozilla and MSIE, nice design, easy to install in a simple HTML website BUT the music is interrupted every 30 or 50 seconds 4 a second. Seems 2 b a buffer management problem related 2 the new version of flash.


2.- Rolling Eyes FFMP3: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmp3/
A little bit hard to configure (see my 2 previous posts in this same subject and thanx 2 bbk 4 his answer). When finally working and embedded in a simple HTML page... surprise... player NOT 2-b seen in MSIE...
!

3.- Smile Mod RAR Radio: http://extension.rarcomputacion.com/
I finally decided to install a player integrated to Joomla CMS and it works fine (so far). It opens in a small pop up window and works in most versions of Mozilla, MSIE and even in Opera!

Hope this helps someone!


Yep... I saw ffmp3 wasn't showing up on your page Sad
I think the problem was at the html code that embeds the flash player. If you like to try it again, I can help you with the code.

Here is a URL that is working with both (IE and FFox) with your stream:
http://pechan.dokkogroup.com.ar/radio/prueba/

And here is the code that may work for you:
<object width="329" height="21">
<param name="movie" value="ffmp3.swf?url=http%3A//85.5.89.71:8000/listadeprueba&title=Radio America" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<embed src="ffmp3.swf?url=http%3A//85.5.89.71:8000/listadeprueba&title=Radio America" width="329" height="21" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
</object>

Please make sure you have Flash10 installed. Otherwise it won't work Sad

Federico
_________________
Federico Bricker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertut



Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Posts: 156

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need something like this supporting AAC / AAC+...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior


Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Posts: 5476
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertut wrote:
I need something like this supporting AAC / AAC+...


Actually we could do with support for vorbis/theora.

karl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bmn



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, fbricker.

I must say I'm pretty impressed with FFMp3 from what I've seen so far; I'll probably be using it myself in the near future. It's simple and does the job, which ticks the boxes for me at least ;p

Might I suggest working the source to allow custom designs and layouts (e.g. a custom "Position the buttons etc" section) defined in another file if it exists? For if someone (and I'd be one of them ;p) wants to take the source and produce something designed to their specifications while also making updates relatively simple. I'd be all over it.

Cheers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fbricker



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 8
Location: Tandil, Argentina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Skins Reply with quote

bmn wrote:
Hi, fbricker.

I must say I'm pretty impressed with FFMp3 from what I've seen so far; I'll probably be using it myself in the near future. It's simple and does the job, which ticks the boxes for me at least ;p

Might I suggest working the source to allow custom designs and layouts (e.g. a custom "Position the buttons etc" section) defined in another file if it exists? For if someone (and I'd be one of them ;p) wants to take the source and produce something designed to their specifications while also making updates relatively simple. I'd be all over it.

Cheers.


Hi, I'll be working in some Skins features as soon as I've got time. Also I want to add support for vorbis/theora.
If someone can help me, all this features may come earlier Smile
_________________
Federico Bricker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuced



Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, fbricker.

I have made shout stream which is a wordpress plugin for shoutcast or icecast streams and i use minicaster as a flash player to connect to a stream.

Unfortunately minicaster is free but not open source. On the other hand it claims that its the only flash player that dont suffer from memory leak playing a stream (that why you get a gap every now and then).

Your FFMp3 player uses flash 10 and seems a good and open source solution but does it handles memory as it plays the stream? Does it clear the buffer Or it just keep filling it until crash like all other flash players?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
subRebel style by ktauber