Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.3.2-kh13: Fallback Loop Not Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audiorapture

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: 2.3.2-kh13: Fallback Loop Not Working Reply with quote

I had to take my source client down for a bit of maintenance. The fallback loop played *once* and then the stream disconnected. New connections failed.

Seems like a bug...
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are expected behaviour, although kh14 now loops the fallback file. The issue with new connections to a fallback file is the lack of throttle on the data rate. You should be able to place a file with the same name as the mounpoint in webroot and that will play without repeating.

karl.
audiorapture

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expected behavior?

From the 2.3.2 docs:
Quote:
A fallback mount can also state a file that is located in webroot. This is useful for playing a pre-recorded file in the case of a stream going down. It will repeat until either the listener disconnects or a stream comes back available and takes the listeners back.

Also, with 2.3.2-release new listeners were connected to the fallback mount without problems.

kh14 does loop the fallback file, but new connection are still not possible.

-AR-[/code]
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did say that the kh10 update was a big change and I asked for feedback during it's development. A lot of things had to break for the threading changes and I've fixed most of them back up.

The looping fallback turned out to be something fairly trivial but to fallback to a file straight away is more awkward as there is no bandwidth throttling to work on and several have already commented on the issue of when a listener is moved (on override) then there is a lot of file data to play back until they get to the stream content.

I'll look into that aspect a bit more to see if there is a way around it.

karl.
audiorapture

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
I did say that the kh10 update was a big change and I asked for feedback during it's development. A lot of things had to break for the threading changes and I've fixed most of them back up.

OK, I had missed that so far. I'll keep my eyes peeled for other inconsistencies, then.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: