Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Socket timeout

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Socket timeout Reply with quote

Hi

I'm trying to send data from libshout to icecast. I'm calling shout_send() repeatedly without getting any errors. In the icecast error log I see.

[2011-01-17 20:47:32] INFO connection/_handle_source_request Source logging in at mountpoint "/home/bob/DcSdr/icecast"
[2011-01-17 20:47:32] INFO source/source_main listener count on /home/bob/DcSdr/icecast now 0
[2011-01-17 20:47:43] WARN source/get_next_buffer Disconnecting source due to socket timeout
[2011-01-17 20:47:43] INFO source/source_shutdown Source "/home/bob/DcSdr/icecast" exiting

I'm clearly connecting and sending data (according to the return code from shout-send()) but nothing seems to be arriving. I see nothing in the mount point directory. Not sure if I should do when data is streamed directly from libshout.

Any ideas please.

Thanks
Bob
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the ogg or mp3 data is not being handled properly. there is the shout_send_raw routine as well which does not involve timing if that is useful

karl.
bobc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl
Thanks. So if the data is not correctly formatted it gives a socket timeout rather than a more specific error.

I tried shout_send_raw() and it behaved differently. It tell me it send 113 bytes. The log in this case just says.

[2011-01-18 07:21:38] INFO connection/_handle_source_request Source logging in at mountpoint "/home/bob/DcSdr/icecast"

and then when I disconnect.

[2011-01-18 07:25:54] INFO source/get_next_buffer End of Stream /home/bob/DcSdr/icecast
[2011-01-18 07:25:54] INFO source/source_main listener count on /home/bob/DcSdr/icecast now 0
[2011-01-18 07:25:54] INFO source/source_shutdown Source "/home/bob/DcSdr/icecast" exiting

This is a bit more sensible in that it appears to take the data but discards it. I guess formatting is my problem then.

bob
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obviously it's a bit difficult to say what is going on here as there is little information to work on, but both ices uses the library and has no problem with it. I know ices2 uses shout_send_raw as it does not need the timing aspect and shout_send does calculate the duration for use in sync.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: