Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast 2.3.2 (& Edcast) higher stream gain than source?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Icecast 2.3.2 (& Edcast) higher stream gain than source? Reply with quote

I'm using 2.3.2 with Edcast (win32) as a source inside foobar2000 (or the edcast standalone version), I've noticed that levels are higher - and clip on playback when the mountpoint is streamed - than they are when playing on the local machine.

This has been observed by both myself and someone else also using edcast (we've both tried various versions) and fb2k. I've tried moving edcast's DSP position before any processing whatsoever - or even removing all DSPs except edcast - but it makes no difference; levels that are high but not clipping are clearly clipping (and are indicated as such) when the stream is played back. This happens even with FLAC sources, irrespective of format (MP3, AAC LC, AAC HE, OggFLAC).

Has anybody observed any behaviour in the combination of edcast and Icecast which alters audio gain? Surely the stream can't be being replaygained to the point of clip...?

Any insight appreciated Smile

Cheers
Chris

(PS @KarlH if you feel this is more appropriate in Clients subforum, please move it; I'm unsure whether this is restricted to just one or a handful of source clients or whether it's a global server behaviour)
iunderwood

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not just limited to the DSP plugin, but also plagues the standalone version as well.

Unfortunately, all the Oddsock utilities have more or less been officially abandoned. Sad

However, have you checked out the Club RIO versions?

http://users.tpg.com.au/radiorio/
Murrawhip

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iunderwood wrote:

However, have you checked out the Club RIO versions?

http://users.tpg.com.au/radiorio/

Has anyone used this long-term? Is it as stable as the abandoned edcast?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: