Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast relay & fallback & stats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arburnett

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Icecast relay & fallback & stats Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

Im a bit of a newbie to Icecast so bear with me whilst i get used to how some parts of it work!

Right, im currently in the process of setting up a student radio station within my college but we will be using the college ICT network to stream it. Our college has 8 different geo-graphical sites and Tech Support dont want to have 1 server for streaming due to the stress it would put on the network etc. So my idea would be to have 1 icecast server in the studio, then 2 relay servers located in other locations. When the stream page is set up it will ask the user what campus they are in, then whatever location they select it will connect to their local server.

One thing i want to ask is should the master icecast server loose the studio stream, how can i make the relay servers run an emergency .mp3 file on them until the stream comes back online?

Also, how can i implant an effective stats system on the server so it will collect results over a time period of 1 year say??

Cheers guys Smile
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could use a playlist request which is actually a php script that builds the streaming url based on the IP, ie pick the nearest streaming point or maybe just a simple 302 redirect which most players handle. It's just a matter of having a simple lookup of IP pattern to streaming location.

karl.
DJ-Zath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I employ a "hop detector" which will feed the meta (titles) from the input streams to the main mounts..

the code is part of an eggdrop that runs on my IRC chatroom

will also "flip switch" the feeds if the "studio" mount drops..

-DjZ-
Smile Smile
greatmenjmt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Icecast relay & fallback & stats Reply with quote

arburnett wrote:
Hi Guys!
Also, how can i implant an effective stats system on the server so it will collect results over a time period of 1 year say??

looking for the same...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: