Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CentOS AutoDJ Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obsdark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: CentOS AutoDJ Problem Reply with quote

Hey

You'll see, i have one CentOS icecast server and i want it to make it autoDj when no Dj will be streaming live through the radio.

Please have in consideration than i want it to make it eventualy fully commands, i don't wanna use the graphic interphase forever.

With all of this, which one will be the best source to put it work the autoDj (in case of i need set one on the Server machine, thing than when i look about seems i must)

Another thing:

I found a tutorial for this, but the tutorial was for Ubuntu, and it seems than the files are distributed in entirely different folders than in the CentOS install.

Also i like to make than the list and the mp3 location come from an external HDD unit than mount on a specific folder, and even i can do it work to mount in that specific folder i have a pair of questions about it:

1) is necesary than the icecast user (or other user, different than root) have all the permisions over that folder?

2) if that's the case, how can i do it? (i try change the permissions of that folder for the icecast case using REDHAT documentation, but it doesn't seems to change.

Also, i like to know how to make it auto-start when i turn on the computer (of course, make it run as a service)

Thanks in advance
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These questions are specific to centovacast and how that organizes the directory structure and services so you are best off asking over there. iirc, they do not use a chroot jail so you could use absolute paths to a location where you have your external media mounted.

For icecast, only the log directory needs write access, all others get work with read only, the actual ownership of said files and directories is not an issue, only the permission to access them.

karl.
Obsdark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
These questions are specific to centovacast and how that organizes the directory structure and services so you are best off asking over there. iirc, they do not use a chroot jail so you could use absolute paths to a location where you have your external media mounted.

For icecast, only the log directory needs write access, all others get work with read only, the actual ownership of said files and directories is not an issue, only the permission to access them.

karl.

¿?

Thanks but, I'm not using Centovacast i'm using CENTOS, (a linux distribution from Redhat) in one computer just right next to me in this precisely moment (not in a remote computer somewhere on the world)

i ask about it on the irc, but nobody knows icecast, -the program- to actualy tell me the routes, and i also ask in the irc channel of icecast, but the guy there is becoming more and more... how to say it... well, let's say than he's aparently trying to be more useless any time i ask a question to him, for example, something like i'm asking here about how to make autodj, he probably answer me with:

"That's not an icecast issue... (etc,etc,yakiris,makirs;and all of that...)"

Because i'm asking for the use of external programs to make autoDj (if necesary of course, if not let me know Wink )

in any case, it would be cool if you can answer me the core question of this post:

"which one will be the best source to put it work the autoDj?" (in my circumstances, just if is necesary) and how?

And in case of been necesary; how can i install it?
(i.e. which repo have it, etc...)

Please remember than i wanna icecast performe an autodj meanwhile there is no DJ online to transmit, but of course, it would be cool if this one doesn't disrupt the mount process of the Dj.

Thanks in advance
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, most questions about centos typically involve centovacast and how that package applies a certain view of icecast.

The idea of an auto DJ is a fallback mount in icecast where the source just streams on another mountpoint that listeners pick up the content from. As to what you use for providing that content depends on what you are dealing with. ices0 is typically used for providing a stream based on a selection of mp3 files but is generally unsupported due to the patent mess of mp3 but can certainly build it yourself which is where the whole configure, make, make install comes in again. Again, building ices0 requires certain dependencies for certain functionality like re-encoding mp3 to a different bitrate, so the exact requirements will need to be determined. You may be able to find a pre-built ices0 package as an rpm but you'll have to check if the build suites your needs. google for ices0 and rpm for starters, but you they may not have re-encoding support for example.

karl.
Obsdark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Liquidsoap?, i hear is very efficient & versatile, any suggestions how to install it or use it for my proposes?

Thanks a lot Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: