Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.3.3-kh10 can't kill listeners, listclients.xsl @id = blank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: 2.3.3-kh10 can't kill listeners, listclients.xsl @id = blank Reply with quote

Last night I upgraded my creaking Icecast install (CentOS) to 2.3.2 via yum, and then manually to 2.3.3-kh10-20140306014417 via .tar.gz.

It's working great... except for one part of the admin interface. Whilst it's populating the list of clients for a mountpoint properly, the list is generated and I can see IPs for each client but the ID field (for the "kill cilent" links) is always blank! Smile

This is the {@id} (global?) variable in listclients.xsl ...

I'm not done much work with XSL files or the icecast web interfaces (done more today fixing historical problems of my own creation than the past seven years combined).

I haven't hacked through the files to understand how they're generated, but before I spend tonight trying to piece together a workaround or fix, is this a known bug?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you are running 2.3.2 not the KH build. The package may of installed icecast in /usr/bin while KH installs in /usr/local/bin/ by default, if you are using the yum package startup script and that looks specifically at /usr/bin/ then that will explain the issues you have reported. You should be able to alter the startup script for the different location.

karl.
Christopher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running Icecast 2.3.3-kh10-20140306014417 (ref. my other thread).

/usr/bin/icecast simply reports as "2.3.3", your build's in /usr/local/bin as you say.

Whilst both are installed, I've been invoking with "service icecast start" - my $PATH has /usr/local/bin before /usr/bin so (I assume!) it's loading yours, albeit a trunk build.

Open to suggestions as to where to obtain the stable 2.3.3-kh10 from. Smile
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kh10 can be obtained from github, I always tag the release for reference, from my website. There are usually patches/updates after a release which you can get from github yourself but those can have some issues as they haven't had much testing on.

As for the service script, remember that is from the distributors so that may have a hard coded path to the package they build so the fact that you have /usr/local/bin first in your path may not mean anything. If you want to use that script then edit it to use the other path

BTW, on linux, to check which one is being used, you can simply check

ls -l /proc/`pidof icecast`/exe

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: