Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeaDBeeF Player For Linux And Android

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacko9000

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: DeaDBeeF Player For Linux And Android Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to propose the addition of DeaDBeeF Player for Linux and Android, to the table entitled, "Media Players That Support Icecast Streaming" at http://www.icecast.org/3rdparty.php on the Icecast website.

I would be most grateful if someone could tell me who to contact at Xiph to submit this proposal to.

If anyone on the forum is using, or has used, DeaDBeeF on either Linux or Android, your views and feedback on the application would be much appreciated.

DeaDBeeF for Linux can be downloaded from http://deadbeef.sourceforge.net/ and for Android from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.deadbeef.android

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Jacko
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

open a report on bug tracking list or post on the mailing list.

karl.
jacko9000

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the reply.

I have sent a request to the Icecast mailing list.

Regards,
Jacko
jacko9000

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My post to the mailing list received no reply. Neither did an email to the Xiph webmaster four weeks earlier.

It therefore seems that VLC is the Xiph recommendation for listening to Icecast audio on Android, and that this recommendation is fixed.

I find it to be a questionable recommendation, to say the least. VLC for Android is still in beta and the developers themselves warn of its instability.

I wasted a considerable amount of time in following Xiph's recommendation to use VLC on Android and I have been attempting, in vain it would appear, to prevent this from happening to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: