Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast error codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WAB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Icecast error codes Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm about to start my degree-project for my university and what I'm trying to do is a web radio program using icecast for streaming. For a start I'd like to have a list of Icecast error codes.

e.g. what's the output of Icecast when it stops streaing for an X reason, so I can take it as an input to my program and handle it?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the http rfc to see the scope of codes, icecast doesn't implement them all because not all are appropriate but if you are talking about a stream stopping then you are passed the error code stage so you won't get any more than the 200 ok response.

karl.
WAB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

The streaming stop is what i'm really interested. So you imply I shouldn't poke around with other error codes than that which I'll get manually from the http server and not from the icecast application itself?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said that the streaming stops, which means that you do get some stream data, and you to receive that then a 200 OK type response must of already been sent to you. Look at the icecast error log to see what icecast determines. In general the connection will break if the listener disconnects or icecast drops the connection due to a timeout or the link being too slow. The error log should be the thing to check.

karl.
WAB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Hmmm... Reply with quote

Checking anerror-log file doesn't seem to be the safest method but I'll look deeper into it as I'm just starting on with my degree-project. You'll sure hear from me again soon Cool

One more thing...Is http://www.ourbunny.com/ the best java lib to help me send streaming to icecast server?

Thanks indeed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: