Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fallback/Fallback Override

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Fallback/Fallback Override Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

We have been using Icecast 2.3-kh33 with the following scenario on www.waveradio.gr:

There is a number of DJ's who connect from home/work and broadcast their show. Each DJ has their own mount and they follow a hierarchy. For example /dj2 has priority over /dj3 and /dj1 has priority over /dj2, and so on.

I have implemented this using fallbacks/fallback overrides and the scheme worked perfectly well, until we reached 10 DJ's. After that the scheme stopped working.

Going through the code I found 2 hard limits on the fallback chain:

In source.c there is a

Code:
#define MAX_FALLBACK_DEPTH 10

In auth.c there is a hardcoded value

Code:

static int add_listener_to_source (const char *mount, mount_proxy *mountinfo, client_t *client)
{
    int loop = 10;

The first one prevents falling back more than 10 mounts. The second coming back from more than 10 mounts.

It would be nice to have this configurable or at least have one constant for both.

Thanks,

-- Dimitris
[/code]
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first is for searching for a source (which may be a fallback) the second is for traversing the mount list applying limits if applicable.

I'll see what I can do about getting an xml option for it.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: